The Food Planet Prize is on a mission to fast-track the imperative shift toward sustainable food systems. We do so by providing potential game changers with the means they need to succeed. Want to contribute? Join us! We are looking for a Communications Manager (Maternity cover / Vikariat) to lead the implementation of our outreach strategy.
At the Food Planet Prize, we see ourselves as a megaphone for initiatives we believe in. Therefore, in addition to communicating about the Prize, you’ll spread the word about those moving the needle toward nature- and people-positive food systems.
Our goal is to reach, engage with and retain a growing, diverse audience. The Communications Manager’s role is to implement our 2023 communications plan, not only to make more people aware of the Food Planet challenges and solutions but also to generate nominations. Acting as an Editor in Chief, you’ll manage the work of content partners as well as produce a variety of content yourself. The role demands a creative project manager who thrives in fast-paced environments and appreciates varied work.
This one-year substitute position is full-time and based in Stockholm.
- Write, edit and publish engaging content, including articles, press releases, social media posts, and newsletters on our owned and earned channels, in line with our editorial policy.
- Select pictures or create images to accompany written content, in line with our brand guidelines
- Brief and liaise with design and web development agencies, freelance translators, writers, photographers, videographers, etc.
- Handle incoming press requests and social media messages
- Liaise with the Food Planet Prize Winners, Finalists, and Editor’s Picks for coordinated efforts in communicating their selection.
- Collaborate with the Nominations Manager to identify and fill potential thematic and geographical gaps in incoming nominations and to produce jury materials.
- Complete some administrative tasks and support colleagues as required.
- A master’s degree in communications, marketing, English, or similar experience
- A broad understanding of the challenges facing the food system, the environment, and people
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in relevant roles, incl. Communicator, Marketer, Content Manager, Digital editor, etc.
- Strong project management skills with a track record of juggling priorities and stakeholders
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Track record in increasing organic traffic and building organizational reputation
- Proficiency in publication tools such as WordPress, MailChimp, Sprout Social, and MyNewsDesk
- Experience using creative tools such as Canva, Getty, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Familiarity with Project and web Management tools. We use ClickUp, Microsoft 365, Zapier, and Google Analytics
- Ability to speak/write in languages other than English, preferably French, Spanish, Arabic, or Mandarin
- Experience working with startups and/or awards
- Experience working in international environments and small organizations
- Resourceful and organized, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Creative, with both an eye for design and a passion for words
- Curious and analytical, with the ability to pivot based on results
- Team player, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Quality-conscious, impact-driven, and motivated by our mission
Compensation and benefits
- A full-time, one-year position
- A competitive salary, to be determined based on your level of experience
- 25 days of holidays
- Health Insurance
- Complementary pension
- A flexible workplace
Interested? Apply now!
Please send your CV and cover letter (maximum 1 page each) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 29 January 2023. Interviews will take place between 6 and 17 February 2023.
Ideal start date: 1 March 2023
About the Food Planet Prize
The Curt Bergfors Food Planet Prize is the world’s biggest environmental award, and it’s entirely dedicated to projects active in the food sector. Each year, two winners receive $2 million each for their potential to rapidly scale up and help achieve our vision: a well-nourished world population on a thriving planet. Unlike most other awards, we seek to support ideas that could change the world rather than those that already have. For more information about the Prize, visit our website.
Our small team is made up of individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who share a passion for sustainable food. Our actions are rooted in our commitment to:
- Restore the environment
- Secure the enjoyment of food by all
- Advance human well-being and agency
- Embrace diversity
- Practice fairness and equity
Do you share our values? Join us