The Food Planet Prize is on a mission to fast-track the imperative shift toward sustainable food systems. We do so by providing potential game changers with the means they need to succeed. Want to contribute? We are looking for a Nominations Manager to lead our selection process, from nominations to presentation to the Jury. Join us!
Every year, we receive nominations from all corners of the globe and food system— Visionaries working passionately to reshape our foodways for a minimal environmental footprint and maximal human well-being. In this role, you will lead the review, documentation, and assessment of each incoming nomination in order to present the most promising candidates to the Food Planet Prize Jury.
The Nominations Manager will engage directly with our world-class jurors, leading meetings and ensuring they have all the information they need to elect winners. The role demands an entrepreneurial individual who thrives in fast-paced environments and appreciates varied work. You will work closely with the whole Food Planet Prize team, particularly the Nominations Coordinator, who reports to you.
This position is full-time and based out of our Stockholm office.
Your role will evolve, but you can count on the following tasks:
- Review, vet, rank, and assess incoming nominations for the Food Planet Prize, together with the Nominations Coordinator
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager to identify and fill in potential thematic and geographical nominations gaps
- Recruit business and scientific experts to evaluate the top candidates you select
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager and the General Manager to develop and prepare background documentation for the Food Planet Prize Jury
- Present top candidates to the Food Planet Prize Jury and answer their questions
- Potentially conduct site visits to nominees
- Potentially represent the Food Planet Prize at relevant events
- Oversee the work of the Nominations Coordinator
- An interdisciplinary experience in business, academia, and/or civil society
- Preferably, a master’s level education in environmental science, food studies, sustainability science, development cooperation, or other relevant subjects. We’ll also accept a non-academic, unconventional background for the right candidate
- A broad understanding of the most significant challenges facing the food system
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in relevant roles, incl. program management, grant management, monitoring, and evaluation or research.
- Strong project management skills and experience juggling complex tasks
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and oral)
- Proven analytical skills
- Experience managing or coordinating a small team
- Ability to speak/write in languages other than English, preferably Arabic, Mandarin, French or Spanish
- Experience working with startups and/or awards
- Experience working in an international environment
- Professional networks in both high- and low-income countries
- Curious and analytical, with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Proactive and able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Quality-conscious, impact-driven, and motivated by our mission
- Engaged, collaborative, and equipped with a positive mindset
- Methodical and organized, with a soft spot for desk researching
Compensation and benefits
- A full-time position
- A competitive salary, to be determined based on your level of experience
- Three months probationary period
- 25 days of holidays
- Health Insurance
- Complementary pension
- A hybrid and flexible workplace
Interested? Apply for now!
Please send your CV and cover letter (maximum 1 page each) to email@example.com no later than 18 December 2022.
We’ll handle applications on a rolling basis; submit yours sooner rather than later.
About the Food Planet Prize
The Curt Bergfors Food Planet Prize is the world’s biggest environmental award, and it’s entirely dedicated to projects active in the food sector. Each year, two winners receive $2 million each for their potential to rapidly scale up and help achieve our vision: a well-nourished world population on a thriving planet. Unlike most other awards, we seek to support ideas that could change the world rather than those that already have. More information about the Prize
Our small team is made up of individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, with a shared passion for sustainable food. Our actions are rooted in our commitment to:
- Restore the environment
- Secure the enjoyment of food by all
- Advance human well-being and agency
- Embrace diversity
- Practice fairness and equity
Do you share our values? Join us!