Stakeholder Engagement Manager
The Food Planet Prize is on a mission to drive a rapid transition to a sustainable global food system. To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for a Stakeholder Engagement Manager that will raise our profile and highlight the link between food and environmental issues in key sectors.
To do so, the successful candidate will build strong relationships with external stakeholders and secure speaking opportunities through an array of projects and events. The Stakeholder Engagement Manager will also work closely with internal stakeholders, including the Foundation’s Board, Prizewinners, Jury Members, as well as other Food Planet Prize team members.
If you are a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, adept at wearing many hats at any given moment, and thrive in fast-paced environments, this position is for you.
Role and responsibilities
Your role and responsibilities will evolve, but you can count on having the following:
- Map potential stakeholders and build strategic partnerships with various organizations and institutions around the world to help advance the Food Planet Prize mission.
- Manage the Foundation’s research grants. We currently fund the 10-year tenured Curt Bergfors Professorship in Sustainable Food Systems at Stockholm University and aim to fund more research projects at leading universities and institutions worldwide.
- Develop and implement a strategy to engage with Swedish high school students and teachers.
- Build Food Planet Prize alumni networks for our Jury Members and Prizewinners.
- Manage the Jury Meeting Event, the Prize Ceremony, and other digital or physical events, in cooperation with the Foundation’s Board, the Nominations Secretariat, as well as the Marketing and Communications department.
- Secure speaking and networking opportunities at various forums, including international summits, and prepare related materials in cooperation with the Marketing and Communications department.
Skills and experiences
- Master-level university education in Environmental Studies, International Relations, Public Affairs, or other relevant social sciences.
- 5+ years of experience in stakeholder engagement, program management, or other relevant fields.
- A proven track record of building solid partnerships and networks.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong organizational, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about the food system and sustainability.
- Willingness to relocate to Stockholm immediately or soon after joining the team.
- Experience working in international environments.
- Experience working with issues related to the food system.
- Well-connected in the Swedish and/or international food and sustainability arena: NGOs, academia, start-ups, etc.
- Experience leading educational programs.
- Ability to speak/write in languages other than English.
To be determined based on the level of experience of the preferred candidate.
Interested? Apply now!
Please upload your CV and cover letter (max. 1 page) here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but please apply no later than 10 October 2021.